Lake Carroll Baptist Church

 

The first service at Lake Carroll was held in February 1949 in a borrowed tent with fifteen people.  They used orange crates for benches, had sawdust floors and used a toy organ for music.  Sunday School was taught in cars and under the trees.  The tent that was Lake Carroll's first home became a victim of a Florida thunderstorm so the School Board allowed the church to meet in the lunchroom at Lake Magdalene Elementary School.  

The group had it's organizational meeting July 15, 1951, and officially became Lake Carroll Baptist Church. They had twenty nine members.  There were no churches in the area and just a few homes scattered around the community.  The first sanctuary was built and dedicated March 1, 1952.

From humble beginnings, Lake Carroll is recognized as a place where Jesus Christ is glorified and God's work is accomplished.  From a tent in 1949 to today's comfortable and spacious facilities, Lake Carroll Baptist Church has changed dramatically over the years.  But one thing has not changed:  the willingness and desire of it's members to serve God and proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.

 

12012 N. Rome Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612
813-933-5683